Preparing for Teen Years From the Heart
Boys and girls ages 11–13 face their own unique life challenges. Emerging from childhood but not yet fully teenagers, they have an opportunity in The Teen Advantage Seminar to explore what they are going through with others who face the same kinds of situations.
The seminar is particularly sensitive to issues faced by pre-teens, so when difficult life experiences arise for them these young people stand on a more solid foundation because they have explored the situations, choices and consequences.
The Teen Advantage is excellent support for children as they prepare for their teenage years and beyond.
The Teen Advantage Seminar for boys and girls 11–13 takes place over 2½ days. Facilitators and assistants assure that an environment of safety and respect is maintained throughout the seminar. Seminars typically work with young people from diverse social, racial and economic backgrounds, allowing participants to experience their uniqueness and their commonality in the midst of their diversity.
The participants are kept engaged by the dynamic pace and diverse methods of participation, including one-to-one processes, small-group discussions, whole-group exercises, games, relaxation activities, creative visualizations and others.
Areas covered in The Teen Advantage include:
- Examining self-identity
- Increasing self-confidence on a foundation of genuine self-awareness
- Experiencing true self-esteem
- Developing socialization skills
- Improving communication skills
- Building inner strengths
- Learning how to work within a group and with individuals
- Enhancing leadership qualities
- Creating better relationships with peers, teachers and parents
- Discovering how to step out of the comfort zone and meet other preteens
- Exploring potential and discovering strengths
- Learning to stay true to yourself and deal with peer pressure
- Having fun and making new friends
On the final day of the seminar parents meet in a special session with facilitators to be apprised of what to expect from their child and to learn how to best support new, positive behavior.
Prerequisites: None. Parent/guardian consent is required.
|Early Payment Tuition:||$375 (if paid in full 30 days prior)|
|Audit Tuition:||$100 (for returning participants)|
|4:00p.m. – 4:30p.m.
4:00p.m. – 5:00p.m.
4:30p.m. – 9:00p.m.*
|10:00a.m. – 7:00p.m.*|
|10:00a.m. – 7:00p.m.*
5:00p.m. – 6:00p.m.
6:00p.m. – 7:00p.m.
* Ending times are approximate.